Tuesday 1 December 1987

Winter pictures from the Netherlands and Belgium

In the winter of 1987 I took a month from my studies in the USA to spend a short internship in Amsterdam. Part of the reason was my mother and sister wanted to see me after 3 years of absence from home and I would be meeting them halfway in Europe. The other part was I missed Europe living in the USA.

I didn't keep a diary so the dates are approximate. But it doesn't matter as there is only a roll's worth of photos. I've had to do a bit of online searching to work out some of the locations, and I may still have got some wrong. Naturally the weather was gloomy. But there is a calming beauty in the sombre scenes. I also like the night scenes where the festive lighting lightened the mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment